DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Primary responsibility for all general ledger related functions including preparation and review of monthly financial statements.
- Analyzing and interpreting balance sheets, income statements, cash flow, and liabilities.
- Review and prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure Accounting policies and procedures are current and in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage two direct reports assisting in the areas of Accounts Payable, General Ledger Accounting, and Cash / Revenue Reconciliation and Audit.
- In conjunction with the Director of Finance partner with our external CPA firm to complete the annual financial statement audit and tax return.
- Maintain and implement necessary internal controls to safeguard company assets.
- Assist in the annual budget process and take lead on preparing budget vs actual analysis on a monthly basis.
- Special projects involving detailed data/financial analysis as needed.
IDEAL CANDIDATES FOR THIS ROLE ARE:
- Open and honest communicators with a dedication to working hard day in and day out
- Team Players – willing to roll up your sleeves and help out in any capacity when needed
- Independent thinkers – able to use resources to figure it out on your own and get the job done
- Looking to grow and develop with a fast-paced dynamic company
- Creative and take initiative – drive us to different ways of looking at and approaching things
- Four-year Accounting Degree. Advanced degree / CPA preferred.
- Required: Advanced Excel Skills including Pivot Tables, Vlookups/Hlookups and other advanced functions.
- Experience with using Accounting and Point of Sale systems for input, data output, and financial presentation (Netsuite ERP and / or Storis POS System Experience a plus)
- Ability to present summaries of significant amounts of detail at an executive level
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work remotely but able to travel to our corporate offices in Beltsville, MD periodically
Compensation & Benefits
- Base + Commission and Bonuses
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Purchase Program